Module 1: June 24 - 29, 2016 in Munich, Germany
Module 2: September 12 - 18, 2016 in Halifax, Canada
• independent film and television producers from Europe, Canada and the US
• mid to senior level producers with a minimum of five years of professional experience in the film and television industry and at least one feature film or TV series produced
• 3 seats available for international participants
TAP Alumni include:
Daniel Bekerman, Canada (The Witch
– Directing Award Sundance 2015)
Sol Bondy, Germany, Gaurav Dhingra, India (Angry Indian Goddesses
– TIFF 2015)
Peter Bouckaert, Belgium (Bullhead
– Oscar®-Nomination 2012)
Marc-Daniel Dichant, Germany (In Darkness
– Oscar®-Nomination 2012)
Serge Noel, Canada (Early Winter
– Jury Prize Venice Days 2015)
Damon D’Oliveira, Canada (The Book of Negroes
– TV Mini-Series 2015)
Dariusz Jablonsky, Poland (Spies of Warsaw
– TV Mini-Series 2013)
Alan McAlex, India (Killa
– Crystal Bear Berlinale 2014, Liar's Dice
– India's Oscars®-Entry 2015)
Katie Mustard, USA (Shelter
– Toronto 2014)
Guneet Monga, India (Gangs of Wasseypur
– Toronto & Cannes 2012, Lunchbox – Cannes 2013)
Karla Stojakova, Czech Republic (Corn Island
– Winner Karlovy Vary 2014)
Femke Wolting, The Netherlands (Eisenstein In Guanajuato
– Berlinale 2015)
Ryan Zacharias, USA (I Used to Be Darker
– Sundance & Berlin 2013)
Testimonials from TAP Alumni Producers
• develop specific skills in international co-production/co-venturing
• learn from key professionals from both sides of the Atlantic
• receive up-to-date information on film funds and tax incentives
• discover new international partners and projects
• access top industry players to discuss their projects in 1-2-1 meetings
• participate in excellent networking opportunities
TAP Alumni Network
Become part of the exclusive TAP Alumni Network with annual business events during major festivals throughout the year.
TAP offers a unique combination of intensive, hands-on training with effective networking among potential partner, and targeted project feedback from resource trainers. Up to 25 independent producers will be given the opportunity to participate at the Atlantic Film Festival's Strategic Partners
, one of the world's pre-eminent international co-production markets in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
TAP provides detailed information on international co-production/ co-venturing from a European, Canadian and US perspective including:
Indepth, candid case studies of successful trans-Atlantic co-productions/ co-ventures - both film and tv - presented by acclaimed and award-winning producers.
- The European, Canadian and US audiovisual market - figures, structure, players, operating conditions
- The financial landscape for European, Canadian and US feature film and TV production
- How to split the pie: revenue sharing
Sales / Distribution / New Media
- The legal framework: Europe | Canada | US
- Bilateral treaties and the European Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production
- The co-production/ co-venture agreement
- Pitching projects
- Sales Agents and positioning in the marketplace
- Distribution in Europe, Canada and the US – structures and players
- Multiplatform/Transmedia activities and market outreach
Application for the 2016 edition is closed.
- EXTENDED DEADLINE for US and selected countries -
for details on the application procedure, the guidelines and forms.
€ 5.000 | Reductions and scholarships available – see below!
Includes all accommodation and meals during both Modules, as well as registration at the co-production event, Strategic Partners. Travel is not included.
For Europeans: Scholarships available in various European countries – approach us for details.
For Canadians: Thanks to our Canadian partners, the fee can be reduced to 3.000 EUR (approx. 4.500 CAD)
For US Americans: Scholarships available – approach us for details.
TRANS ATLANTIC PARTNERS is now eligible for CREATIVE SKILLSET funding. UK Film and TV producers can apply here
Erich Pommer Institut (Germany)
The Erich Pommer Institut (EPI) is on of the leading training providers in Europe and an acclaimed institute for media research. Each year, EPI organizes and hosts close to 40 seminars, workshops, conferences and panels – both for the German as well as the European media industry.